Sunday, June 20, 2010

So-called "Earthships"

Just so anyone who is not May or Natasha is aware, things posted at this early stage are just random ideas or inspiration being chucked about. It's something along the lines of an online board where we just pin all our ideas, seeing as it would be difficult in person. So anything you see could be completely nusts.

I thought I'd get the ball rolling and post something I was researching over the weekend. I love it!

EARTHSHIPS! They're look like spaceships that just happen to not be able to fly... hence, earthships! Everyone needs a little more sci-fi in their life - Natasha, I'm glad you saw the police box on your way to India. You realise you're lucky to be alive. There was probably some moster around. Probably the Japanese students.





Earthships are houses made out of recycled materials, like old tires or bottles or cans. I LOVE this idea of recycling materials - and the houses are very cool. Perhaps we could use materials like this?
See more at:
Zara.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Reminds me of Antonio Gaudi's work in Barcelona - you have got to Google him. looking forward to working with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH! I like him very much! Particularly his use of colour and organic shapes. I read somewhere that he used to make models out of clay, which gave his designs their flowing look... perhaps this is something we could experiment with?

    Zara.

    ReplyDelete